Sustainable Ammonia Production, Ammonia Synthesis Catalysts: Innovation and Practice, Photo-Electrochemical Ammonia Synthesis: Nanocatalyst Discovery, Reactor Design, and Advanced Spectroscopy, アンモニア合成関連 特選3冊, 9783030351052, 9789814355773, 9780367694371
Description (Sustainable Ammonia Production)
This book presents sustainable synthetic pathways and modern applications of ammonia. It focuses on the production of ammonia using various catalytic systems and its use in fuel cells, membrane, agriculture, and renewable energy sectors. The book highlights the history, investigation, and development of sustainable pathways for ammonia production, current challenges, and state-of-the-art reviews. While discussing industrial applications, it fills the gap between laboratory research and viable applications in large-scale production.
- Earth Abundant Catalysis for Ammonia Synthesis
- Reactor Design, Modelling and Process Intensification for Ammonia Synthesis
- A Review on Ammonia Derivatives as Corrosion Inhibitors for Metals and Alloys
- Ammonia from Steelworks
- Catalytic Ammonia Decomposition for Hydrogen Production: Utilization of Ammonia in a Fuel Cell
- Electrocatalytic Nitrogen (N2) Reduction
- Low-Pressure Ammonia Production
Description (Ammonia Synthesis Catalysts: Innovation and Practice)
This book provides a review of worldwide developments in ammonia synthesis catalysts over the last 30 years. It focuses on the new generation of Fe1-xO based catalysts and ruthenium catalysts ? both are major breakthroughs for fused iron catalysts. The basic theory for ammonia synthesis is systematically explained, covering topics such as the chemical components, crystal structure, preparation, reduction, performance evaluation, characterization of the catalysts, the mechanism and kinetics of ammonia synthesis reaction. Both theory and practice are combined in this presentation, with emphasis on the research methods, application and exploitation of catalysts.
The comprehensive volume includes an assessment of the economic and engineering aspects of ammonia plants based on the performance of catalysts. Recent developments in photo-catalysis, electro-catalysis, biocatalysis and new uses of ammonia are also introduced in this book.
The author, Professor Huazhang Liu, has been engaged in research and practice for more than 50 years in this field and was the inventor of the first Fe1-xO based catalysts in the world. He has done a lot of research on Fe3O4 based- and ruthenium based-catalysts, and has published more than 300 papers and obtained 21 patents during his career.
- Historical Evolution of Catalysts for Ammonia Synthesis
- Catalytic Reaction Mechanisms of Ammonia Synthesis
- Chemical Composition and Structure of Fused Iron Catalysts
- Preparation of Fused Iron Catalysts
- Reduction of Fused Iron Catalysts
- Ruthenium Based Ammonia Synthesis Catalysts
- Performance Evaluation and Characterization of Catalysts
- Performance and Application of Catalysts
- Effect of Catalyst Performance on the Economic Benefits of Catalytic Process
- Innovation and Speculation
Description (Photo-Electrochemical Ammonia Synthesis: Nanocatalyst Discovery, Reactor Design, and Advanced Spectroscopy)
Ammonia holds great promise as a carbon-neutral liquid fuel for storing intermittent renewable energy sources and power generation due to its high energy density and hydrogen content. Photo-Electrochemical Ammonia Synthesis: Nanocatalyst Discovery, Reactor Design, and Advanced Spectroscopy covers the synthesis of novel hybrid plasmonic nanomaterials and their application in photo-electrochemical systems to convert low energy molecules to high value-added molecules and looks specifically at photo-electrochemical nitrogen reduction reaction (NRR) for ammonia synthesis as an attractive alternative to the long-lasting thermochemical process.
- Provides an integrated scientific framework, combining materials chemistry, photo-electrochemistry, and spectroscopy to overcome the challenges associated with renewable energy storage and transport
- Reviews materials chemistry for the synthesis of a range of heterogeneous (photo) electrocatalysts including plasmonic and hybrid plasmonic-semiconductor nanostructures for selective and efficient conversion of N2 to NH3
- Covers novel reactor design to study the redox processes in the photo-electrochemical energy conversion system and to benchmark nanocatalysts’ selectivity and activity toward NRR
- Discusses the use of advanced spectroscopic techniques to probe the reaction mechanism for ammonia synthesis
- Offers techno-economic analysis and presents performance targets for the scale-up and commercialization of electrochemical ammonia synthesis
This book is of value to researchers, advanced students, and industry professionals working in sustainable energy storage and conversion across the disciplines of Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and related areas.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Ammonia
Chapter 2. Conventional Methods for Nitrogen Fixation
Chapter 3. Electrocatalytic Nitrogen Fixation
Chapter 4. Plasma-Driven Nitrogen Fixation
Chapter 5. Electrochemical Reactor Design
Chapter 6. Photocatalytic Nitrogen Fixation
Chapter 7. Ammonia Detection
Chapter 8. Reaction Mechanisms for Nitrogen Fixation
Chapter 9. Performance Targets and Future Outlook for Alternative Routes of Ammonia Synthesis
Chapter 10. Conclusion